As targets for the diversion of waste streams away from Landfill continue increase, the International community has seen a massive increase in the separation and composting of biodegradable organic waste in recent years. As the demand grew we now offer compost covers.
A key aspect of the composting process is to provide the optimal environment for proper composting to occur, which is attained by the selection of a number of applied technologies, including the use of a fit for purpose compost cover.
We offer our RESPIRA Breathable & Water-Resistant cover in a number of different forms for use within in-vessel and open windrow composting.
Why use Compost Covers?
- Accelerates the evaporation of excess water from the substrate which maintains the optimum humidity and temperature, thus speeding up the ‘cooking / turnaround’ time and improving the quality of the end product
- Protect your product from rain and surface water infiltration
- Reduces leaching and loss of product
- Easier handling of product during wet periods
- Controls moisture loss due to effective of sun and wind
- Reduces wind-blown nuisance
- Reduces odour by more than 90%
- Provides a more pleasing aesthetic appearance for your local community
Why choose our RESPIRA Breathable & Water-Resistant Compost Cover
- Hydrostatic head of 1m meaning RESPIRA is water resistant and not semi-permeable like competitor ‘fleece’ covers
- 100% rainwater run-off with no water absorption, unlike semi-permeable ‘fleece’ covers
- Light weight and easier to handle for operational staff
- Outstanding air and vapour permeability performance
- UV lifespan ranges between 2-5 years
- Available in RESPIRA 235 base material, RESPIRA 235 Single Armor or RESPIRA 235
- Double Armor. Suitable for use within in-vessel and open windrow applications
- Supplied in client specific sized panels with optional reinforced edges, steel eyelets, reinforcement straps, pull handles, temperature probe ‘flaps’, pull bar connection points and other custom client requirements
- RESPIRA 235 base materials also available in 3m wide x 100m long roll form
- Unique inbuilt wind defusing system which protects our covers from wind displacement and damage in winds of up to 100mph (as tested and recorded on a site located on a Northern Scottish Island)
- Static & Mobile winder systems available to ensure quick and safe cover deployment over multiple piles with limited handling and personnel
- We cater for one off one piece covers for domestic use through to multiple order quantities for commercial / industrial operators