HBB supplies a range of temporary capping and rain covers for use across a number of industries, including but not limited to:
- Landfill Temporary Capping Membrane
- Remediation / Brownfield
- Power Industry
Why use Temporary Capping & Rain Covers?
- Reduce rain water ingress into your waste or contaminated mass reducing the amount of leachate / contaminated water produced therefore significantly reducing disposal or treatment costs
- Contain gas emissions increasing gas extraction efficiency which leads to an increase in gas to power turnover and revenue
- Control odour
- Ensure you meet all your required Environmental obligations and Site License requirements
- Provide an aesthetically pleasing and clean appearance to reduce the visual impact of your operations for the local community and neighbours
- Allow a period of ‘settlement’ prior to a final cap being deployed which is widely seen as good engineering practice
- Allows you to ‘proof’ large areas on slow moving operational and development sites
- Allows for cash and restoration reserves to be built up prior to final cap deployment which is a significant monetary investment
Why choose HBB and use our temporary capping and rain cover systems?
- A range of temporary capping and rain covers available from 0.4mm up to 1mm thick, UV lifespans from 5 year to 10 years
- All our temporary capping and rain covers are available in large client specific sized pre-welded panels which are produced by our fully automated welding and folding process. Panels available up to 32m wide x 150m long, panels accordion folded and delivered to site on pallets, each panel supplied with 2 no. lifting straps. Pre-welded panels very significantly reduce the number of onsite seams required and, on some occasions, completely remove the need providing a very time and cost-effective temporary capping and rain cover solution
- Our pre-welded panels can be stitched, welded or tape seamed on site. For the majority of temporary capping and rain cover applications stitch seaming is more than adequate, the advantage of stitch seaming large pre-welded panels is that it is a quicker and cheaper option than welding which can still be serviced on and in difficult sub-grade and weather conditions
- The system we offer includes our innovative but proven Net Down anchor system that defuses even storm force wind speeds and removes the need for hundreds of sandbags or tyres from being placed across the body of the waterproofing cover. Aside from sandbags and tyres proving ineffective against wind displacement and damage, the filling and placement of sandbags or tyres is laborious and presents obvious health and safety concerns for installation personnel, particularly when working on steep slopes or flanks. Our Net Down anchor system can be installed in conjunction with our pre-welded panels of waterproofing cover at an unrivalled lay rate, day lay rates of up to 10 000m2 and above are achievable
- As well as supply a full installation service is offered. This includes a pre-installation visit in which a measure up of the area required for cover is serviced or our CAD technicians can supply a pre-welded panel plan based on survey drawings provided by the client, this ensures the most optimum sized panels are used to fit the exact cover area which improves installation efficiency and reduces material waste. On completion of the installation an aftercare plan is provided to ensure on going monitoring and maintenance is serviced to the system to provide the required service life and deliver absolute value for money
- All HBB installation staff are fully trained and experienced in the deployment and retrieval of our cover operation. All staff are CSCS card holders and HBB GeoSales Ltd is SafeContractor approved
- We have over 10 years experience of fabricating, supplying and installing our temporary capping system
Learn more about Landfill Temporary Capping Membrane and contact our experts to discuss your project requirements!
Explore our Gallery to see Landfill Temporary Capping Membrane supply and installation.